Wednesday 17 November 2010

Are you happy with where you are in life right now?

Myles Dyer (this guy again) was talking about life in his podcast - as he seems to do a lot - and I was inspired - as I seem to be a lot.
So yesterday http://dft.ba/-milesboo he asked what 5 things you would change about your life.
I couldn't help but think what I would change. And I thought maybe this could be a running thing, every 3 months I re-evaluate and see what I would like to change in my life in three month intervals.
Well, let's see if I stick to it eh?

1. Not speaking to my mum everyday - I used to check on her each night before bed and if she was still up we'd sit and chat until she was so tired she pretty much told me to f*ck off. Since I've moved out we speak most days on Skype, but it's just not the same.

2. Not living 30 seconds away from my best friend anymore - I had a huge argument with my mum once and it was just a 30 second walk up the road to a cuddle and a mug of hot chocolate with my beloved Tash. Now she's 45 minutes away by car and neither of us can drive.

3. Not being able to properly use my hand - this is a long term thing that I'm sure many of my IRL friends are sick of hearing about. I've not been able to use my right hand properly since the morning of the 29th January 2010 because it hurts between my little finger and ring finger. I'm having to try and adapt my writing style, but it's easier said than done.

4. Being unhealthy. In general I don't eat enough fruit and veg or do enough exercise and I guess it comes down to a lack of time mixed with a bit of laziness (which I'll be the first to admit). I gave up on my sponsored swim due to having no sponsors, so that won't have helped and being a student a lot of my food choices are based on how much time there is till my next lecture, what food is actually in the cupboards and how much washing up they will create, so I'm off to a very bad start. The jar of chocolate spread in the cupboard probably isn't a good idea.

5. My knees. Inevitably this was going to be on the list. It's not a serious condition - and hopefully by this time next year it should be mostly gone as the cartilage matures - but my chondromalacia patella gets worse this time of the year because of the cold weather. This usually is an excuse to go out an buy funky tights to try and keep warm but the fact of the matter is that it is painful and there isn't much I can do about it except rest with my hot water bottle (which, by the way, is never a bad thing).

I guess this list means that my life is pretty good. There isn't anything drastic in my life that needs to be changed, I'm not living somewhere I hate, I'm not surrounded by anyone that I hate and most things are just great as they stand.
One thing that would usually appear on a list like this is I would like to change my teeth. They've always been the only aspect of my physical appearance that I've been unhappy with. But my braces come off in three and a half weeks, so that's something that is already rapidly changing.

So, three months from now is the 17th February (two days before my bestest's birthday), I'll see you then for re-evaluation :)
To clarify, I'll see you before then as well, but not in this format.

No comments:

Post a Comment